Monday, May 27, 2013

So Healthy Oatmeal Cookies

So for my birthday this year (May 26) and I knew I had to have something sweet, after all it was my birthday. But I needed something that was treat like yet still healthie foodie worthy and I came up with this recipe. It is healthy, simple and very tasty!

1 cup of 100% whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of white sugar (natural)
1/2 cup of packed light brown sugar (natural)
1 tsp. of baking soda
1/2 tsp. of sea salt
1 tsp. of cinnamon
2 eggs (organic if you can)
1 cup of melted butter (yes butter the one thing you're going to have that isn't super healthy)
2 1/2 cups of quick oats

Optional: cup of raisins or dried cranberries

1. melt the butter
2. mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together
3. add in the eggs and melted butter and mix well and then add in the oatmeal and raisins/cranberries
4. cover tightly and refrigerate for 1-3 hours
5. Preheat oven to 350*
6. flatten the dough and shape into 2 inch balls or use a cookie cutter to cut them (that's more fun!)
7. place on a baking sheet and bake for 13 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes

Serve and Enjoy!!

No comments: