Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Baked Beef (fake) and Bean Burritos

So I found this great recipe on Six Sisters Stuff - titled Beef and Bean Burritos and was inspired to create my own healthier version of it. I made this tonight for my parents and they loved it!! It was a huge hit. I made 5 servings - thinking I'd have enough for one left over night but it turned out I was only left with 1 burrito - that's right they each had 2! (Well my dad had 2 1/2 and my mom had 1 1/2 but who's counting?) Enjoy! (note: photo taken before olives were added)

Baked Beef (fake) and Bean Burritos
1 package of Morning Star crumblers
2 cups of Red Pack tomato sauce
1/2 onion diced
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. chili powder

1 can of baked beans (mashed)
1 tsp. fat free Russian dressing

Black olives
1 cup of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese blend

4 whole wheat white tortillas

Preheat oven to 350
1. In a large plan soften the crumblers in the tomato sauce - then add in the spices
2. add the diced onion to the cumblers and allow it to heat together until the crumblers are soft (defrosted) and warm
3. Take the mashed beans and heat in a pan

5. Lay out each tortilla and place 2 spoons fulls of the crumblers, 2 spoon fulls of the beans, Roll up tightly
6. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes- Take it out and pour cheese and olives over the burritos and place back in the oven for additional 10 minutes

Serve Up and Enjoy!!

No comments: