Monday, January 12, 2015

Corn and Bean Salad

Every Christmas and summer I volunteer at Elijah's Promise's, a local soup kitchen where I live. When I was volunteering last Christmas in 2013 they made this salad that I knew it would be perfect for my blog. It's healthy and high in protein, fiber and has lots of veggies!!


Corn and Bean Salad
1 green pepper
1 carrot (grated)
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
balsamic vinegar dressing (I make my homemade since I can never find a kosher kind in the store).

Optional - add some red pepper for some extra color

Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
1 c. balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1.4 tsp. garlic powder


dice the green pepper, grate the carrots, add the corn and black beans and mix in the dressing. allow it to marinate for couple hours and serve! It's that easy! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just my type of salad!

Audrey said...

Really beautiful and yummy looking!