Sunday, April 26, 2015

Taco Soup

So last week I was in the mood to cook up something new. I was just tired of making the same things. I looked in the cabinet and created a new recipe of my own. It's really yummy, or at least that is what everyone told me!

Taco Soup

8 oz of cheese tortellini (1/2 pound)
8 oz. of morning star farm crumbles
ketchup
1 can of red or black beans
10 oz. can of corn
1 can of diced tomatoes or 3 fresh tomatoes
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Tomato Juice or Regular V8 Juice
Parmesan Cheese

1. cook the pasta according to directions and set aside
2. heat the crumbles in the ketchup until soft
3. mix the tomatoes, corn, beans and crumbles in pot and then add the juice
4. heat for about 3 minutes on high stirring often
5. add in the pasta and spices - heat up
6. pour into bowls and sprinkle with a generous amount of Parmesan

All Done!!


No comments: