Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving - Pumpkin Pie!!

So I was really nervous the first time I made pumpkin pie. First, I didn't think anyone would want it since I don't like pumpkin pie and second, I had never made pie before and it just seemed hard. But I said - what the heck let me go for it. I did - and it turned out amazing! Now I make it every year (okay well I've only ever made it 2 times but from now on I am making it every year).

The one good thing about this recipe is that it's healthy, so even after you're filling and high calorie Thanksgiving meal you can still have your cake  pie and eat it too!

Pumpkin Pie
1 can of pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 cup of packed light brown sugar
2
tbsp. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
dash of salt
dash of pepper
2 tbsp. melted margarine (or butter)
1 1/4 cup of non dairy creamer
pie crust

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into crust.
Preheat oven to 375 and cook for 50 minutes.

To check to see if it is done - place fork in center. It should be firm. 

No comments: