Thursday, November 15, 2012

Flowery Basil Baked Chicken

Okay so this is a big hit over at my house. I wanted to make something from my Fabulicious cookbook (Real Housewife of New Jersey's Teresa Giudice's)  I found this recipe called Butterfly Basil Chicken with zucchinis- I am not a huge fan of zucchini so I decided to alter the recipe a little. Here is my version is different and very, very good. Here it is:

Flowery Basil Baked Chicken
6 chicken leg quarters (with the skin)
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
handfull of FRESH basil- it must be fresh basil: I suggest buy it in the store and use the whole thing. Just 1 container of it should be fine.
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 heaping tsp. salt
1 heaping tbsp. balsamic vinegar

1. clean the chicken and pat dry
2. cut the basil finely, however not too finely
3. mix the olive oil with balsamic vinegar, salt pepper and go
4. let marinate for about 1-2 hours
5. Preheat oven 350*
6. cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes


No comments: