Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Mushroom Chicken with Mashed Potatoes

This dish was actually inspired by a dish I saw at a Bar Mitzvah. They had this chicken with a creamy mushroom sauce and normally I don't eat mushrooms- I just don't like them very much, but this was tremendously good- I went up for seconds and then thirds! I sort of made up my own recipe since I didn't have the one they used but I promise you mine came out just as good!!! My entire family raved about it and said the worst part was that it had to end....So here you go!

Mushroom Chicken with Mashed Potatoes
6oz of boneless chicken legs or chicken breasts (both work fine) 
1 cup of heavy cream or non dairy creamer
4 tbsp. of unsalted butter or margarine
salt
pepper
olive oil
oregano
1/4 tsp. of onion powder
garlic clove
2 large russet potatoes
8oz can (or more if you like) of mushrooms 

1. boil water
2. clean the chicken
3. peel the potatoes and place into water once it boils  
4. put about a tbsp of live oil onto a large skillet and heat
5. place the chicken down and sprinkle with salt and pepper - cook each side for about 8-10 minutes turning over frequently until the chicken is fully cooked- Remove from heat
6. melt 3 tbsp. of butter/margarine then add some oregano, 1 clove of garlic (crushed) 1/4 tsp. onion powder and cream- stir until it is somewhat thick (about 7 minute)-
7. Add in the mushrooms (if you like more you can add 2 cans)
8. cut the chicken up and pour into cream and stir well- Reheat
9. by now the potatoes should be done- you want to remove them from the water and then mash them- add 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter or margarine and a a dash of salt
10. pour the creamy mushroom chicken blend on top of the potatoes and serve!

Delicious!

No comments: