Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Banana Pops

So this is one recipe I can't personally vouch for but I do know that the people who I served it for really liked it. When I first thought of it I knew that it would look nice and probably sound good. I later found out that is a classic recipe, but nonetheless I am sharing it with all of you since it a fun treat made into a healthier one.


Banana Pops
6 bananas
2 cups of semi sweet chocolate (milk or dark what ever you like)
handful of crushed nuts (I recommend peanut nuts)

1. stick each banana with a popsicle stick
2. in a small microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate for 1 minute on high
3. dip the bananas covering them in chocolate 3/4 of the way
4. roll the chocolate covered bananas in the crushed nuts
4. place each banana on waxed paper and place in freezer for 3-4 hours
5. take out at least 15 minutes before serving.

   Note: if you don't like nuts you can always use sprinkes, crushed candy or granola 

This is perfect for kids- it is a way to get them to have fruit and nuts (which is a protein!) along with chocolate - something sweet and good for the heart.

Enjoy!!

No comments: