Thursday, February 13, 2014

Real Carrot Cookies

"Real Carrot Cookies" are an excellent choice for someone who wants something sweet but still get some health benefits along the way. I made this for my mom's birthday and both and she and my dad loved, loved, loved it. They thought it was incredible! They raved and raved about it that night and then a few days later. To quote my dad "the best cookies he's ever had" and let me tell you in his 62 years on earth he has his fair share of cookies. I promise that you will love these and so will everyone else that you make them for. Enjoy!

Real Carrot Cookies
6 tbsp. melted butter
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour
dash of salt
1/2 cup of quick or old fashioned oats
2 cups shredded carrots
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
your favorite frosting

Preheat oven to 350
1. mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder together
2. add in the eggs and melted butter and mix well
3. then add in the grated carrots
4. bake in oven for 25 minutes
5. let cool for 15 minutes before serving

Serve with your favorite frosting

No comments: