Sunday, February 16, 2014

Apple Sauce (low fat) Cake

So I know what you are thinking - "low fat apple cake, yes I can have my cake and eat it too...but fat free it probably tastes like dog food because if it is low fat it can't be all that good". WRONG! This cake is actually one of the best cakes ever. I swear you will love it and won't even be able to tell that it is healthy...I made this for my mom one time and she raved about it for days...she normally just raves about it for the night she eats it and then moves on - it's just not her personality to rave globally.

Apple Sauce (low fat) Cake
2 cups of natural fat free apple sauce
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup raisins
1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
dash of salt
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 3508
1. Mix all the dry ingredients
2. Then add in the apple sauce and eggs
3. Then add in raisins and chopped nuts - whatever you like
4. Stir well and place in a greased pan and bake for 40 minutes

Serve as is and enjoy!! - Good at room temp, cold or warm.

No comments: