Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spaghetti Squash and Light Tomato Sauce


So my old next door neighbor had a vegetable garden and was always giving us vegetables that we truthfully had no use for. Of course we're a super healthy family and cook healthy most of the time but we are also just a family of 3 - so seriously how many veggies can one person eat? One time she dropped off some summer squash and I remember my mom saying to me "can you figure out to use this?". And sure enough I did. I came up with making spaghetti and then after the fact I found out it actually is a real recipe. I'll share with you what I made that day back in July of 2011. Now I make it as one of my go-to recipes.

Spaghetti Squash and Light Tomato Sauce
1 summer spaghetti squash
water
garlic and onion salt mixture
light tomato sauce

1. boil water
2. peel the squash into thin like spaghetti strips
3. boil it for about 3-4 minutes and then drain well - making sure it is fully dry
4. add in garlic/onion salt mixture (dash of each)
5. pour in sauce - about 1/4 cup and reheat or serve cold. 

No comments: