Thursday, April 17, 2014

Matza Tuna Ziti

I created this amazing recipe whewatn I was planning to make matza brie with an whole box of matza but ended up only needing 1/2 the box. I didn't know what to do with the other half of crushed matza. It was then that I came up with making tuna matza ziti. On Passover, Jewish people are not allowed to eat bread in any form. We can only eat matza. This recipe is very tasty. It kosher for Passover. But I promise you that even if you are not Jewish and aren't required to eat matza you will love this!!

1/2 box of crushed matza
2 eggs
2 cans of tuna
2 tbsp. of light mayo
1/2 onion
2 cups of shredded or sliced mozzarella cheese

1. mix the matza with egg
2. place half the egg/matza mixture into a baking dish
3. place 1 can of tuna down on top of the egg/matza mixture
4. sprinkle a layer of the mozzarella cheese
5. repeat
6. slice onions and place on top of final layer of cheese
7. bake in oven at 350 for 35 minutes


Serve and Enjoy! I am sorry but I don't have a photo of this one. :)

No comments: