Saturday, September 27, 2014

100th Post: Rosh Hashanah Apricot Glazed Corned Beef (Fabulous and Delicious)

Happy 100th blog post to me!! I cannot believe that I shared 99 recipes. This is my 100th post. I still remember when I decided to start a blog back in 2012. The first night I think I shared about 15 recipes. I was so excited. I just kept posting and posting. Then I hit a lul and stopped posting or only posted every now and then. I am really trying to get my traffic up on my blog. I admire so much mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com - her blog is what inspired me to start a blog. She shares recipes and one thing about her blog is that she basically shares the same recipe but changes the method. She shows you how you make 1 cake but by adding one or two differences you can an entire new recipe and taste. Love it! Thank you to everyone who has commented on my blog over the last 2 years and thank you to everyone will post. Please share my blog with all your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers and anyone you know!

This is Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) recipe. I made this for the first night of the holiday. My family was having a family of 4 plus the 4 of us (mom, dad, me and grandfather). I got 4 1/2 pounds of meat (expensive!) and we had a ton of other food. And before I give you the amazing recipe I will just we only had 3 small slices left over!! It was that good.

One thing you will start to notice is that not all my recipes will be "healthie foodie" approved. Lots of recipes are just too amazing to make them perfectly diet healthy. We only live once, after all!!

Apricot Glazed Corned Beef
4 1/2 pounds of corn beef
1 cup of water
1 cup of apricot preserves
1 squeeze of Dijon mustard
1/4 cup of light brown sugar
2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce


Preheat oven at 350
1. place corn beef in a large baking dish - pour 1 cup of water over it and cover tightly with aluminum foil
2. bake in oven at 350 for 2 hours
3. mix the ingredients of apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, soy sauce very WELL
4. pour mixture over corned beef and make sure it all nice and absorbed in the mixture
5. bake an additional uncovered for 30 minutes

(nice when served with my)
Strawberry Mango Salad - found in the salad tab
Baked Squash w/ Brown Sugar - found in the squash tab


Serve warm - drizzling with the marinate from the pan!!


No comments: