Monday, September 1, 2014

Pumpkin Ice Cream Cookies

It's almost fall! I love fall. I love the smell of freshly sharpened pencils. I love the smell of a new notebook. I love new folders and I love how everything is starting fresh. I love when the leaves change colors. I love Thanksgiving. I love Halloween - I love seeing all the cute kids in their adorable costumes. And if you're team is in playoffs - fall is a great time of year. Go Braves!! And when I was a kid and used to watch all those teenage shows, I loved the season premiers after a summer of re-runs. You see fall is a really fun time of year. Don't you think? In honor of fall I thought I would post a yummy fall dish - that still has a speck of summer in it.

Saying goodbye to summer and hello fall...Labor Day Weekend Special!

So fall is all about pumpkins! And summer is all about ice cream. So why not combine the two?!!

Pumpkin Ice Cream Cookies
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 cup of oatmeal
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup of raisins
1/2 cup of melted butter
Ben and Jerry's Vanilla Caramel Frozen Yogurt

1. Mix your dry ingredients together: flour, sugars, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking soda and salt
2. Then mix in your wet ingredients: egg, butter and pumpkin and raisins
3. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour
4. Preheat oven to 375 - form cookie dough into round 3 inch cookies and bake for 20 minutes - let cool. During this time you should take out your frozen yogurt and allow it to soften. Once they're easy to handle and the ice cream is softened put a scoop on a cookie and then take another cookie and place on top.
5. Wrap each sandwich in saran wrap and place in freezer for at least 3 hours.

When you're ready for eat it take it out and Enjoy a delicious fall/summer treat- guilt free! 

No comments: