Monday, June 1, 2015

Las Vegas Spinach Salad

In 2004, my family went to Las Vegas for my 16th birthday. With the way the calendar fell out that year I had a week off from school so it worked out really well. One night we were invited to a family from Vegas for a meal and the woman made this salad. So we, my family call it the Las Vegas Salad because we LOVED it so much and it was introduced to us in Las Vegas. It is super simple and healthy too! Enjoy!!


Las Vegas Spinach Salad
1 bag of baby spinach (stems removed)
1 can of black olives - sliced thinly
2 handfuls of blue chips crushed into small pieces (not too small though - be careful)
3 heaping tbsp. of low fat mayo
3 tbsp. of chili sauce

Mix the spinach, blue chips and olives in a bowl

Mix the mayo and chili sauce together.

Add the dressing to the salad and stir well - serve immediately.  If you want to make it ahead of time that is fine - but don't add the dressing until you're ready to serve or the chips will get mushy.


I forgot to take a picture - as soon as I do (next time I make it) I will post a picture, until then you will just have to trust me! :)

No comments: