Monday, June 15, 2015

Parmesan Fried Tilapia

So normally when I make these fried dishes I use bread crumbs, but it got me thinking why use bread crumbs? They're more filling and they add extra unwanted calories. Don't get me wrong, I still think there is a time and place for bread crumbs (when making patties, you MUST use them). But if you plan to fry something - skip the bread crumbs and make your own delicious mixture.

Parmesan Fried Tilapia
1 package of tilapia (normally there are about 5-6 thin pieces of it)
1 egg
handful of whole wheat flour
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
I mix cumin, paprika, garlic, onion, oregano all together - but you can make your own.
Oil - for frying

1. wash the fish and then coat it with the flour
2. drain in in the egg
3. then evenly coat the fish with your mixture
4. fry it for about 6 minutes on each side

Serve!!


No comments: