Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Glazed Pumpkin Cookies

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I wanted (desperately!!) to do a Thanksgiving post but I was so busy cooking that there just wasn't time. So I decided to share one very yummy recipe. I know most people have pumpkin pie at their table but to me, that's just boring. Everyone does pumpkin pie, right? That's why I make pumpkin glazed cookies. They're absolutely delicious, I promise. (Disclaimer: Some of it is not so "healthie" but it is Thanksgiving after all and you have to live a little, right?) Here is my amazing recipe:

Thanksgiving Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 ts. ground netmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
1 1/4 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of Splenda
12 oz. canned pumpkin puree
2 large organic eggs
1 tsp. PURE vanilla extract
3/4 c. semi sweet chocolate chips (not healthy foodie)

Glaze (also not healthie foodie)
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. fat free organic milk

1. preheat oven to 350
2. mix all the dry ingredients together: whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, white sugar, splenda
3. then add in the  I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin puree
4. mix well and add in semi sweet chips
5. grease a pan and with a spoon- spoon out the cookie dough onto baking dish- leave about 1 1/2 inches between each cookie
6. bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
7. let cool (about 1 hour to be safe)
8. melt the butter and add in the confectionery sugar, vanilla and milk
9 mix and drizzle over the cookies. Let stand for about 30 minutes and serve

Note: You can always make the cookies the day before but makes sure you drizzle the glaze the day you plan to serve.

Yummy!





No comments: