Monday, December 3, 2012

Italian Pizza Sandwiches

This recipe I found when I was pinning. I'm sure you all know pinterest. I love it and I love to pin recipes! As soon I saw this one I knew this was healthie foodie worthy. The moistness of the bread and the hot melted cheese with just melt in your mouth and for sure only leave you wanting more.

Italian Pizza Sandwiches
1 package of shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
handful of fresh basil (rinsed)
1 plum tomato
1/2 loaf of fresh baked olive oil bread from bakery (save the rest for a rainy day of wine and cheese)
garlic salt

1. cut bread into 1 1/2 inch thick slices
2. lay bread out across a baking dish
3. rip the basil apart creating small peices
4. wash and slice the tomatoes and put in oven to dry for 10 minutes
5. once the tomatoes are done sprinkle some of the cheese on top of each slice of bread
6. then lay a slice of tomato on each slice of bread and a tbsp. of the chopped basil
7. sprinkle with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with garlic salt
8. bake in a preheated oven at 400* until cheese starts to melt (about 5-7 minutes)

Enjoy!! 

No comments: