Sunday, September 2, 2012

Apple-Cranberry Crisp

The first time I had this I was 14 years old and at sleep away camp. I remember we only had it on Saturdays and the second it hit the table it was gone! I think I only actually got to eat it 2 out of the 4 Saturdays, but it made a huge impact on me. Then when I came home I told my mom about it and she found the recipe and now it's become a staple. We have it every Thanksgiving and when ever we are having company over for dinner we make it. Here is the recipe- you will love it!




Apple Cranberry-Crisp

3 green apples- peeled and cut into medium thick slices
1 can of jellied cranberry sauce- but you must buy the one without high fructose corn syrum
2 cups of quick oats
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
4 tbsp. maragrine
1 tsp. cinnamon

1. once you have peeled the apples and cut them lay them across a 11x7 inch pan
2. slices the canned cranberry sauce and lay it across the apples evenly
3. in a pan melt the butter and then add the oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon. Keep mixing together until it's lightly browned
4. preheat oven to 350*
5. Pour the oatmeal crumble over the cranberry sauce layer spreading evenly (you may need to add a little more crumble - just repeat the combination)
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
Let cool- it can be served warm or cold...Anyway you will love it!!


No comments: