Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer Chili

I hate having ingredients in the house that isn't be used...I know this sounds strange but it's one of my biggest pet peeves. I looked in the cabinet already annoyed and saw canned beans. We've have them in our cabinet for over a month. Why are we even buying them? I decided I needed to find a recipe for it and that is when I came up with my famous chili.

Summer Chili
15oz canned red kidney beans
15oz canned black beans
15oz diced regular diced tomatoes
8oz canned corn- no salt added
1 12oz package of Morning Star Farms meatless crumblers
1 1/2 tbsp. chili sauce
2 cups of tomato sauce
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. onion powder
dash of pepper
dash of salt

1. combine red kidney beans, black beans and diced tomatoes in a pot- put heat on low (make sure you drain the cans)
2. on a large skillet heat the morning star farms and 2 cups of tomato sauce until the fake meat is at room temperature.
3. pour the fake meat into the pot and bring flame to medium
4. add in the chili sauce, chili powder, onion powder, garlic salt and dash of pepper and salt
5. pour the canned corn into the pot and bring flame to high stirring every 30 seconds.

Serve warm with bread, crackers, rice cakes or just with a spoon and fork.





No comments: